21 Healthy meals that takes 10 minutes or less
Chicken (chicken based meals)
- Chicken breast sandwich– 2 toasted whole wheat bread, 1 chicken breast, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, or any vegetables you like, low fat mayo
- Chicken stir fried rice– boil ½ cup of brown rice, sauteed 5 chopped chicken breast strips and half an onion with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, season chicken to your comfort , boil or microwave frozen mixed vegetables, season vegetables to your comfort, chop the chicken breast to small pieces, and mix everything together.
- Chicken stir vegetables- sauteed 5 chicken breast with 1 teaspoon of olive oil chopped chicken breast, mixed vegetables, and ½ table spoon of olive oil. *if you like add your favorite fruit like mandarins, etc
- Chicken salad– romaine lettuce, chopped chicken breast season how you like, tomatoes, cucumbers, low fat dressing
- Chicken soup– chicken breast, water, beans, mixed vegetables
- Tortilla chicken wrap– whole wheat tortilla, lettuce, pico, chicken breast, salsa
- Mediterranean Quesadilla with chicken breast– Place 1 sprouted grain wrap or tortilla in a frying pan over medium heat and spread 1/4 cup hummus on top. Layer 2/3 cup spinach, 3 tablespoons chopped olives, and 1 tablespoon oregano on half the wrap and fold other half on top. Cover frying pan for 1 minute to wilt spinach, then add cooked chopped chicken breast and serve
- Mediterranean Quesadilla– Place 1 whole grain tortilla in a frying pan over medium heat and spread 1/4 cup hummus on top. Layer 2/3 cup spinach, 3 tablespoons chopped olives, and 1 tablespoon oregano on half the wrap and fold other half on top. Cover frying pan for 1 minute to wilt spinach, then serve
Tuna (tuna base meals)
9. Tuna salad– 2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained,1 can white beans or chick peas, drained and rinsed, 1 red bell pepper, diced,1/4 cup red onion, diced juice of 1 lemon
Optional: Parsley, tomatoes, spinach. Mix ingredients and chill in the refrigerator
10. Tuna sandwich– 1 can of tuna in water, mix tuna with 1 boiled egg and low fat mayo, put on 1 whole wheat bread
11. Tuna and Crackers– wasa crackers with 1 can of tuna and a boiled egg, mixed with low fat mayo.
12. Apple, Tomato, Tuna Salad– 1 Can (6 oz) tuna, water packed, drained, 1 small onion, diced, 1 stalk celery, sliced, 1 tsp. spicy brown mustard, 2 table spoons of fat-free mayonnaise, 1 Apple, cored and diced, 4 cups of fresh romaine lettuce, 2 Tomatoes, cut in wedges. Directions 1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine tuna, onion, celery, mustard, mayonnaise, and apple. Mix well. 2. Divide lettuce and tomato wedges between two separate plates. Top with a portion of tuna mixture. Serve and enjoy.
13. Turkey sandwich– deli turkey on whole wheat subway bread, add tomato, lettuce, pickles, lowfat mayo
14. Turkey stuff bell peppers– 1 bell peper, low fat cream cheese, turkey slices. Directions 1. Cut the bell pepper in 4 pieces and remove the seeds. 2. Spread the low fat cream cheese on the inside of bell pepper 3. Add 2 turkey slices on the bell pepper and enjoy.
15. Turkey summer salad– Roasted turkey breast 5.5 0z, Lite Mayo, Green seedless grapes 25 grapes cut in half, chopped spinach 1 cup, 1 medium chopped apple. Directions. I use left over turkey breast when I cook a turkey. Just chop up the turkey, or use deli turkey slices, apple, celery. Half the grapes. Put all ingredients in a bowl to mix, add mayo and mix thoroughly.
16. Turkey burger– 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey,1 (1 ounce) low fat ranch dressing,1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (low fat), 1/4 cup chopped green onion (scallion) Directions 1. Mix all ingredients together in bowl 2. Form into 6 patties
3. Cook in skillet or on grill until cooked through, appox. 6-7 minute per side.
4. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato (not included in nutritional information).
Salmon (sautéed 4 salmon at once and add it to the variety of meals)
17. Salmon and brown rice– grill salmon with ½ teaspoon of olive oil, mix brown rice with mixed vegetables and onions and season as you please
18. Barbeque salmon-1 1/2 lbs. salmon, ½ teaspoon of olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh dill,1 garlic clove, minced,1 tablespoon lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Directions 1. Prepare grill 2. In a small bowl, combine oil, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. 3. Using a pastry brush, brush salmon with herbed mixture. 4. Cook on the barbecue until done (salmon is done when it flakes when tested with a fork).
19. Lime shrimp– 28 large shrimp – ready to cook
1/2 lime, juiced, 2 dashes salt, 3/4 tsp black pepper, 2 tbsp onion, chopped
Cooking spray, Spray skillet with cooking spray.
Heat on medium heat.
Add all ingredients and cook till shrimp and onions are done.
20. Shrimp and brown rice– 1 teaspoon olive oil, 3 med. scallions, chopped (optional), 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed, 4 oz frozen salad-size shrimp, thawed under cold water, 2 cups quick cooking brown rice, cooked, 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce. Directions Add oil, scallions, peas, carrots and shrimp to wok. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
Add cooked rice, soy sauce. Stir-fry for about three minutes.
Yields about 1 1/2 cups per person.
21. Shrimp medley– 1 bag of medium shrimp, 3 eggs, 1 bag of frozen vegetables, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Directions. Put the sautéed shrimp and the vegetables in the pan a with 1 teaspoon of olive oil until the shrimp is pink, scramble the eggs and onions with 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Mix everything together and enjoy.